Our Vision and Mission
Our vision is a world free from sexual violence and a society in which everyone has the equality, freedom and choice to lead the lives they want.
At Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre (ERCC) we provide a range of services to support women, all members of the trans community, non-binary people, and young people (aged 12-18) who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any time in their lives:
- Support – we provide long-term emotional support, support for survivors of recent rape and sexual assault (within the past three months), group support and support by telephone and email.
- Advocacy – we support survivors to make a report to the police, where they elect to do so, and provide advocacy and support throughout the justice process.
- Prevention – as part of Rape Crisis Scotland’s National Prevention Network we offer free, high quality sexual violence prevention education to 11 – 25 year olds in schools, youth groups and other youth settings in Edinburgh.
- Information – we produce and provide a wide range of information on our services, sexual violence and its effects, ways of coping and practical legal information.
- Training – drawing upon our knowledge and experience we provide high quality training courses for workers in other agencies who work with or support survivors of sexual violence.
At ERCC we listen, we believe, we support and we empower survivors of sexual violence.